The typewriter ribbon

Okay, here is what happened yesterday. I was doing some IT work and I went into an office that is now being used for a storage room. There was an electric typewriter on the shelf. So there I was waiting while a hard drive is being erased with 0x00 and it was going to be another 30 minutes. I got curious. That typewriter had a mylar ribbon coated with ink and I knew that it would leave the outline of the letters that were typed. I pulled it out and started reading it. So I noticed that 95% of all stuff typed on this typewriter was random junk where somebody felt like pressing buttons just to hear the sounds they make. The other 5% is addresses on envelopes. But there was one short segment that said “PEE AND POOPY IN MY PANTS”. On both sides of this section of the ribbon was where a former employee had practiced typing his name. I know that adjacent letters on a ribbon give no indication of when they were typed, but I wondered. He was openly gay and more than half of the people into this sort of thing are gay… Don’t care for the ‘poopy’ part. Besides, I don’t think I have said that word since I was about 5 or so. But the pee pants part, I can get into. Probably good I didn’t though. One of the reasons he is gone was for blackmailling another employee about porn on a company computer…

Related Articles

Responses

People Who Like Thisx

Loading...