Home Forums Forum DO You Use "FRESH" or "PURE" brand fiber supplements? (This is NOT an ad!)

8 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  ronniemac 8 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ishitpants2
    Participant
    @Ishitpants2

I got a tip from another scat website about two products for making good poop. One is FRESH by Amity Jack. The other is PURE for Men. I used to use pure Psyllium Husk and was getting nice poos, and I wanted to try these. They are expensive, but I have had interesting results.

1. Psyllium Husk – I usually passed long, rubbery logs and snakes that did leave skid marks and stains and I did not completely eliminate. I got to do one big poop every day with this stuff. However, sometimes, I would get “the runs”.

2, PURE for Men – This makes me poo 3 and 4 times a day! None of the poos were particularly large, but they were more solid than psyllium husk alone. (PURE contains Psyllum Husk, Chia Seed and Flax Seed). It’s nice to load my pants several timers a day. The poo is dry and leaves very little staining.

3. FRESH by Amity Jack – This gives me the biggest poos, usually a couple big logs or snakes that feel great. Nice and solid, yet flexible and easy to pass. I usually only poo once a day with this stuff. It also contains psyllium husk, chia and flax, so, not sure why I get different results than with PURE for men! The poo is dry and low staining. Smell is not too bad either.

I use these products specifically for “bulking up” (along with diet) poo for dumping in pants or simple naked pooping. I’m not into eating or smearing. Just want to enjoy big dumps with little smell or mess.

What, if any, are your experiences and recommendations?

Thanks.

“It’s all about the feeling!”

• This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  ishitpants2.

ronniemac
    Participant
    @RonnieMac

This smells like an experiment to me…. 🙂

I’ve done a little Googling. I’m interested. I use Metamucil, which is not much more than flavoured psyllium husk powder. It gives a pretty massive poo after a few hours, but they’re super soft. I’ve had some occasional metamucil poos that have felt firmer on the way out. But they were likely due to being combined with harder “haven’t pooed for 2 days” poo that was already present in my bowel. I’d be interested in something that can provide more bulk whilst maintaining good firmness.

If I can track those products down in my local area, I will give them a go. I may also try manually adding chia, flax and aloe to my regular metamucil, to see if I can replicate your results.

I shall report back. I might have to record some visual evidence of my findings.

ronniemac
    Participant
    @RonnieMac

Update:

After reading a few reviews about Pure for Men, I came across a review that piqued my interest. It was quite praiseful of Pure as a product, but quite disapproving of the price. It also contained a recipe that the author believes is close to the “blend” used by the manufacturer: 60/20/20 (Psyllium/Chia/Flax)

So, I have been to the supermarket and procured myself a bag of Chia Powder and a bag of Flax Seed. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find ground/powdered flax seed, but I’ve used an electric spice grinder to powder up a small batch. My experimental design relies on modifying my previous Metamucil-based “Fibre Overload” method, which is now a pretty reliable control.

• 3 teaspoons of Metamucil (as per usual. Metamucil is about 75% Psyllium Husk)
    • 1 teaspoon Chia Powder
    • 1 teaspoon ground Flax Seed.
    • Mix into a glass of water. Drink immediately.

Now multiply it all by 3, as I drink 3 of these, one straight after the other, at around 4-5pm (it’s 4:15pm here now). Using only Metamucil, I usually have a poo accident some time later in the night. It is generally very large and extremely soft.

I am interested to see if the chia and flax change the outcome.

ishitpants2
    Participant
    @Ishitpants2

@ronniemac – I use Yerba Prima pysillum husk capsules. Have experienced the softness you describe – sometimes. But I augmented with with corn and wheat bran cereals as “dessert” with meals. That seemed to bulk me up a bit!

I got my Fresh and Pure on-line. Not sure IF they sell it in stores in your area, though maybe some gay themed adult stores would carr5y it? Both products are on Amazon and E-Bay and available from their own websites.

From what I understand, they are supposed to make a “wad” of insoluble fiber in your intestine which is a kind of sponge. As it passes through, it builds a mound made of the crap ahead of it while scrubbing the intestinal walls. Closest analogy I can think of it how a municipal snowplow pushes snow ahead of itself (and into my driveway usually!). Obviously, this would clean out the anus and rectum for “clean” anal sex.

I read that one has to be very careful when using chia and flax seed — because they really bloom and absorb water.

Please, be careful if you try to make your own formula using them.

I advise try one or the other product first. It may cost more, but, I’d hate to learn that you had to make a trip to the hospital because of something I wrote here.

Also, the hospital is more expensive and inconvenient than a single purchase of this stuff.

I think a lot of the effectiveness has to do with the ratios of the ingredients. There was one company that tried to imitate these guys and they got the formula wrong. They had to recall all the product and shut down. Don’t have any more details than that though.

ronniemac
    Participant
    @RonnieMac

Cheers, I’m not sure about the availability in the Australian market.

I will, of course, be careful. I’ve had less than a tablespoon of each. I found a few blend suggestions with almost equal ratios, and some more heavily balanced toward flax or chia. The later recipes usually came attached to articles/blogs preaching about how flax or chia are so much better than psyllium husk. I decided to go with the lowest chia and flax ratio I found. I know from experience that I can handle a lot more psyllium. I’ll be gradually dialling in the other ingredients.

I did read about one brand that was recalled – Zero for Him. However, that recall was due to Salmonella contamination; and it’s still available on Amazon.

oldmanbrown
    Participant
    @oldmanbrown

How about those Senna capsules? Do they get you into the laxative habit?

ishitpants2
    Participant
    @Ishitpants2

@oldmanbrown – From what I read on the Internet, Senna has long been used as a laxative: “…Senna contains many chemicals called sennosides. Sennosides irritate the lining of the bowel, which causes a laxative effect.”

Folks with IBS-D have very sensitive bowels, so the irritation of senna might be a bit too much and create discomfort. IBS-D folks need to watch for anything that irritates the bowel (this includes a number of different spices) because that will cause the bowel to release too early, ending up with loose, watery stools or diarrhea. Obviously when too much of this happens, health will be negatively affected because of a loss of nutrients and possibly dehydration.

According to one website, senna is used to prep people for a colonoscopy or other surgery. I had some given to me in a hospital (without my knowledge or consent), and it did a number on my bowels and dehydrated me, making the operation more risky.

My negative experience teaches me to
    1) stay out of hospitals as much as possible, and
    2) stay away from Senna – at least in the doses the hospital made me take.

Fortunately, I get the BMs I most desire using fiber supplements in careful doses. I start out “underdosing” (if they recommend 2 capsules, I take 1) and observe how my body responds. If everything goes okay, I try some more. If I get IBS, I back it off.

Every body is different, so each individual must find a way that is right for them.

ronniemac
    Participant
    @RonnieMac

Senna is a stimulant laxative. It works by stimulating fluid secretion and bowel motility. It essentially forces the bowel to push out its contents as hard as possible.

Stimulant laxatives run a high risk of developing dependence, and can cause damage to the intestinal mucosa and submucosa (essentially the colon loses its texture and shape, and the ability of the bowel to move its contents normally toward the exit diminishes). Senna is often considered a milder alternative to the more common Bisacodyl (Dulcolax).

I would theorise that almost all non-diarrhoea, solid poo accidents (Bristol 2, 3 or 4) that I’ve had have occurred because of rectal fatigue. The need to poo wears down my bum until it gives up, and relaxes enough for the poo to come out. Stimulant laxative accelerate this process using brute force.

You could have a big, firm Bristol 2 or 3 on deck that you could easily hold in all day. Stick a bisacodyl suppository up your bum… for a few minutes, you’ll feel normal…give it another five, and you’ll really need to poo… within another 5, you’ll poo your pants. It will simply force its way out. Regular use of this kind of stuff can really damage your bowel.

In my experience, Senna also causes so much fluid secretion that you have diarrhoea. If you want to have involuntary diarrhoea accidents, osmotic laxatives are far safer. They simply cause the bowel to retain large quantities of water. The desperation is caused solely by the large volume of poo crammed into your bowel, activating stretch receptors and stimulating a contractile reflex (Basically, the fuller your bowel gets, the harder it will squeeze to empty itself).

ronniemac
    Participant
    @RonnieMac

Just a follow-up on my experiment. I acquired some Golden Flax Seed and Chia Powder to go with my Metamucil (Psyllium Husk). I’ve tried a few different “blends”, and noticed a few things thus far:

* Blending 60/20/20 (Psyllium/Flax/Chia) and taking my standard “Triple Dose”, I noticed a negligible change in consistency. My poo was slightly firmer.
    * This did not change if I replaced the 20/20 part with all-flax or all-chia.
    * Flax- or Chia-based gorging tended not to cause me to do a seperate “fibre poo”. Metamucil gorging would effectively cause an additional poo, outside the normal pattern of regularity (usually about 6hrs after drinking it). Whereas Chia or Flax tended to simply augment the following day’s regular poo, rather than making me do a seperate poo that was mostly fibre.

I’ve also noticed that Chia powder tastes like dirt…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.